I have some of the strangest kids!!! I mean they are strange.... Right now they are playing together... What are they doing you asks... Well Sammy is sitting on her little yellow chair saying..."here comes the airplane zoom.." and placing a heaping scoop of Yogurt in Ally's mouth... This is followed by giggles... then "here comes the car...zoom" and then "here comes the truck...zoom" "here comes the... hum... Train...zoom" "Ally I think that's all the bite you can have I can't think of anything else" How can you not just bust up laughing...
And the other night I was trying to figure out what to make for a quick meal and my little girls were trowing tantrums because they just wanted frozen vegetables for dinner... Well of coarse I caved and heated up some vegi's and they each ate over a cup of mixed vegi's, and then asked for more...
Yes there cute but they are also a handful... Sammy is craving so much attention right now and with building the house we are so crazy busy that she is not getting the mommy and daddy time she requires... So she is acting out like crazy.... So is Ally... In the space of 24 hours my house was destroyed and my scriptures ripped up, all my tomato starts pulled up, my scentsy warmer broke... And countless other little things that just made me want to trow the kids away... But in a blink of an eye all the destruction did not matter... We went over to the new house to help clean up all the wood chips and saw dust and Ally ran right to the sliding glass door...But the door was opened and she flew right out of it... I was right next to her but not close enough to grab her before gravity took effect.... She did a half of a flip and landed kinda on her bum/back... I screamed and jumped out the door after her ( it was quite a fall)... It made my knees buckle when I jumped and I had to use my hand to help me from landing on my face... I scooped up my crying child and held her tightly to me... After a second or two I examined her to see if there were any visible injuries... There were none... After she calmed down I set her down and she was wobbly and very clingy... After about 15mins she was her normal self... But all my yelling and getting mad over material things didn't matter when put in comparison with my little girl... I can buy new scriptures.. I can buy plants... I can buy new scentsy stuff... I CAN NOT buy or get another Ally (or Sammy for that matter)... I might get mad that all of my stuff is tattered or torn or colored on ect ect ect... But I still could never trade all the treasures in the world for either one of my girls... I love you girls even when I want to trow you away! =)
The Eye of the Storm
4 years ago

2 comments:
Perspective. It really helps when you are having a bad day, doesn't it?
What a day! Love how Sammy fed Ally--how cute is that?! Kids are good at flip-flopping their parents. One minute you want to ship them to Grandma's house and the next you just want to sit and cuddle them for hours on end. Nothing a nice long bubble bath and some chocolate can't fix.
Post a Comment