I'm kinda aggravated at the attitude so many have taken with my Husbands calling... We have heard more than once (many times from many different people)... That my husband just need to tell the scouts that he can't "sacrifice" his work/ money to go to scout camp... And with the move..."Now you have the perfect excuse to not go!!!"... I'm sorry no wonder the youth can not make commitments and live up to what they promise... There leaders are finding any excuse to bail on them... K I might not be ecstatic about Johnny being gone for 4 days... But he has worked with these boys for how long to get ready for camp... He has showed them how many things to prepare them for this week of adventure... How right would it be to bail on them... Let alone the other leaders ... I would be pissed if my fellow leaders backed out on me at the last minute... John loves the scouting program and it has given him a drive at church that I have not seen in him in a long time... How is that a bad thing???? Why should we turn our back on something that brings my family closer to the lord??? I'm so sick of people say that a scout leader is the worst calling any one could have... If Johnny is happy with it and Me and the kids support him with it... Why then do we have people trying to talk us out of it at every turn... This has been driving me crazy for the last few months... Its Johns time that is sacrificed and if he loves it what is so wrong with that??? I will admit there are scout nights that I wish my husband was home with me and the kids.... But we have seen so many blessing because of the time Johnny has spent with the scouts...
When the lord wants us to exit the scouting world then we will... Not because family and friends think were crazy for dedicating our time to the scouting program.... enough said...
Wow sorry readers I've been really grumpy with all these posts... I guess its just my way of making a stand for my family =)
The Eye of the Storm
4 years ago

1 comment:
Oh my, dont be sorry for being grumpy.
Im very proud of him for seeing through his responsibilities and callings, and im very proud of you and the girls for not begrudging him and for supporting him.
I think you hit alot of things on the head, these boys need good role models, and one of those things is how to follow through.
I hope he had a blast!!!
Post a Comment