I made this little dress for Sammy it's called a pillow case dress.. the best part is in a few years she can wear it as a shirt. The cute little baby in the back ground is Kyle's little boy Hunter.
I guess Christmas is all over. All of the presents are open, new clothes are going trew the wash, and I'm contenplating taking down the tree. Now that I think about it, its really quite sad. I have always enjoyed Christmas time. I love seeing family that you only see once in a while and cacthing up on the envents of the last year. And of course getting new stuff who dosn't like that. nuggling uo next to the fire with someone you love (this treadition has only been done the last five years). And focusing on the reason for Christmas in the frist palce Christ. I love this time to reflect on all that the lord has done for us and all that we need to do to returne to hime some day... Until a few years ago the snow even made me happy a crisp new clean veiw on the world. After Monte died on a really snowy day back in 2002 snow makes me sad only cause I remeber that day a little clearer in the snow. I still think it pretty but I dont have that same joy as i used to..... Anyway to a happier note.
Holidays are so difrent with kids I have to be less selfish and think of others a little more. But to see the look on a childs face as they see the lights and the fresh fallen snow and you can't forget all those presents is just so sweet and unfrogetable.
Durnig those moments as a mother that I just want to pull my hair out and go hide in a corner (this week there has been plenty of those moments were getting molars yahh) I just need to pull out these memories and let them help me make trew the storm. But then there are the moments that you want to cry in joy... Seeing the wheels in Sammys head turn as she figures something out for the frist time or hearing her say "thanks" as you hand her a new sippy full of milk. Or best of all when she falls asleep in your arms with out fighting for a good nap.
Wow I've really digressed well that just shows you how my mind works it's all over the place one minute her the next its out in space on some strange tanget of a planet. Oh well that life for you....

1 comment:
I love her dress, it's so cute! Christmas is so much fun with little kids around.
Post a Comment