Monday, August 16, 2010

Tractor pulls at my house???

Saturday was SO busy... We woke up and rushed around the house getting ready to go see Uncle Rodney and his tractor... Sammy was all a buzz about seeing Uncle Rod and his tractor... I tryed explaining a tractor pull but yeah the idea went right over her cute little head... But then when I said Mo and Jean Bean are going to be there she was OVER JOYED!!! Tractors and cousins!!! What more can a little girl ask for... As soon as Johnny got home from work (yup work on Saturday morning I'm married to a work aholic!!!!) We all loaded up in the car and headed to the Weber County Fair...
We got there and the first thing Sammy saw was all of her cousins from mama's side... Then we all went to look at the tractors (My family is kinda turning into tractor collectors)... Sammy told me she really like the "Tractor Garden" I had to laugh but the more I thought about it the more it made sense... All the tractors were placed in two rows in a dirt lot... Yup looked like a Tractor Garden to me...

All the kids climbed on Rodney's tractor and had a blast... Rod was one of the first tractors to pull and he didn't do too well compared to how well he did the year before... But it was still a blast to watch him pull the big heavy sled..(After all the pulls were officially over Rod got to pull the sled a few more times and the last time he did way better!!! better watch out next year other tractors)
After Rod's pull I took the girls and we went and explored the fair... The girl saw all the animals and got to pet a BIG bunny! I bought some tickets for all the girls to play the games at the Weber county library both... Let me just say that is so cool... The kids get to have fun and the money goes to a great cause!!! The kids all won at least one prize (if not 6 or more)...

After spending the day at the fair we transferred Mo and Jean Bean into there mama's care we rushed off to the mountain man picnic...(I told you it was a busy day!!!) I was sunburned from the fair!! So needless to say I was having a harder time enjoying the picnic I just wanted to get home and get the kids in bed so I could get some rest to, the sun took a lot out of me!!! But the food was great and so was the company... Both the girls ran around (well Ally crawled) like monkeys with there heads cut off...
 As we were driving home I asked Sammy if she had a good day... Her response was "Can we have tractor pulls at our house tomorrow?" I guess that's a yes... After we got home Sammy went right to sleep, Ally on the other hand was so happy to be home she just wanted to play and decompress from the busy day... She finally went to bed at 10:30... That's like 3 hours past her normal bed time... So you would think she would have slept good right...NOPE all she wanted to do was snuggle mom or dad all night long... By 2am i had only got about 20mins of sleep with all of her whining and feedings and trying to get her to sleep... Finally I nudged (kicked) Johnny awake and told him to take her so I could get some sleep... (He can sleep while snuggling the kids I CAN'T.... If the kids are touching me I can't sleep... strange huh)  So of course with in seconds Ally and Daddy were happily snoring and I could finally fall asleep... Yup a busy exhausting day but it sure was fun!!!

2 comments:

kkweight said...

Cousins are the best!!! Your girls are so blessed to have such great cousins.
I appreciate you opening your family up to Klaire, we love your girls so much and Klaire has loved each moment they are with us. I hope the 3 of them (and any others that may come along... wink wink) have a strong bond that lasts through life.
I look back to all the time you and i, and our families spent together and i cherish it all.

Your brothers kids all look so adorable and healthy! Tell them all "Hi" for us.

Amy said...

What a fun day for the kids. I have always wanted to go on a tractor ride. Ah, that sounds incredible. What a great mother you are.