Monday, May 2, 2011

Daddy's Birthday mail...

So Johnny has the cutest Grandma... Every birthday she sends him a card... And in this card is two crisp dollar bills... It makes me smile every year... It's not much but when you think about it she has a ton of grand kids so giving them all two dollars adds up to a lot!!! I think I've only meet his Grandma once, and it was at a big family reunion... So there really wasn't a chance to get to know her well... But this lady is so neat... Every holiday she sends the kids a card filled with stickers!!! I can't tell you how much Sammy looks forward to her mail... There are usually stickers on the envelope and as soon as Sammy see them she starts jumping up and down and rips open the card and proceeds to tell us all about the card and stickers and what she will make with them... Ally is just starting to figure out the fun of her mail... I really should write this great lady a thank-you card (with sticker creations in it) to let her know how much my kids enjoy her thoughtful-ness... Anyways on to Johnny's Birthday card... I was opening mail and going threw the bills and junk and opened Johnny's card... Sammy saw the money and swiped it up and ran with the speed of a cheetah and slipped it in her piggy bank... Poor daddy didn't even get a chance to see the gift...
Oh I have to tell you another reason why I love this great woman is... She gets all these cards mailed out even while she is on a full time mission!!! While I've been married to Johnny they have served 2 full time missions!!! Plus while they have been home (not on a mission) they work at the Provo Temple as Veil workers.. Holy cool people!!! Anyways for Christmas they usually put a check in with the card...And get this its addressed to me (not Johnny, not both of us, ME) yup this woman is the best... That makes it so much easier for me to deposit it and get the shopping done... If I waited on Johnny to do it, it wouldn't get done until February =)
I hope that I can be a cool grandma/ Great Grandma and send the kids stickers and fun... I mean what kid doesn't like getting mail =)

No comments: