Sunday, July 17, 2011

One week and counting...

So we have been in the house for an entire week wow!... I thought we would never get in...  Its is starting to feel more like home and less like a hotel.. (that's how it felt for like the first 4 or 5 days like we were on a vacation in this strange hotel...) But now that we are settled (yeah we still have boxes everywhere (mostly in the garage) but we are settled for the most part)... The only sad part is I feel VERY alone... I only have like one neighbor... And they live behind us... No body from my new ward has even stopped and said hi... The back yard neighbors stopped over last night and brought the most yummy bread!... But after going to church today with our old ward (we are staying at least until scout camp is over... we don't want to bail on the kids or the other leaders) I'm missing the awesome sense of neighborhood we had in our old house.... OK I'll amend that "the awesome sense of neighborhood the last 3ish years... I hope once the new ward knows we are here that the sense of neighborhood will return...
We have lost the cord to the TV!!! The kids are going crazy with out there cartoons... The movies we have are only helping so much... Ally has never really asked for a TV show before... Now she does.. She wants Dora and Boots... She wants Kai-lan... She wants Go-Go (Diego)... Poor kid I have none of those on DVD... Sammy keeps climbing up trying to turn on the TV.... But its not plugged in so nothing happens... Poor kid...So today we will look threw boxes trying to find the power cord... I hope we find it for my sanity =)

2 comments:

kkweight said...

{{HUGS}}
Moving sucks because you have to refind your sense of neighborhood and belonging in your new home. But, it will happen.
As far as shows for the kids, what about looking online? Some channels have free shows online on their sites.
If you need my password for my Netflix you can go ahead and use it, they have an AWESOME selection of kids stuff like Care Bears, Dora, and so on. At least they can watch that way. Klaire LOVES to watch Shirley Temple and the original Popeye episodes.
Hulu and Huluplus are also good options too, Hulu might have some free cartoons.

If you want me to come over this week lets get together!
If you feel up to it Klaire and i would like to invite you guys to our movie day at Tinseltown on Wednesday, its $1 per person and the movie this week is Yogi Bear, and you dont have to worry about the girls being wiggly or loud.lol

We could also hit a splash pad or something too.

We love ya sweetie, hang in there and keep your chin up. Things will normalize and get back to normal, it just takes some time.

Amy said...

I always think moving is a great adventure because you get to meet new people, and present whichever side of you, you would most like to become. But waiting to make friends and such is not an easy part of it. I hope you do get your sense of neighborhood soon. As for the TV, good luck! It is so hard without one sometimes. And good luck unpacking. We still need to plan another play date. Just saying. :)