I love birth story's... If you don't its ok that you skip over this post I wont be offended =)....
It all started back on Thursday June 21... Yup over two weeks ago... We started having contractions 5 min apart.. They were not real painful but the timing between them and the fact that its baby number 3 I wanted to get checked out... So we headed over to the hospital and the contractions kicked up big time... But my cervix was not changing with them so they sent me home with a shot of pain meds... The medications put me to sleep for like 2 days... Saturday June 23 strong contractions 5 mins or so apart so we went on got checked again... Yup no cervix change more pain meds and I slept for about 36 hours after the meds... So me and Johnny decided that we would not go back to the hospital until one of three things happened, My water breaking or bloody show with strong contractions, or me being in so much pain that I wanted the drugs BAD! So on the 29th we went into the hospital again... Really strong contractions with TONS of back pain with each contraction... Still no cervical change... Sigh I just wanted to give up!
My doctor scheduled me for an induction for the next Friday.... We were hoping that we would go into labor before that but resolved our self's that we would just have to wait until then to met her... So I kept my self busy trying not to think about all my contractions and worrying about my belly and when or where my baby would come...
So Friday the 6th came and I woke up at about 4am... I made some peppermint tea to sooth my upset tummy. And folded some laundry and did the dishes... About an hour before we were going to head out to the hospital they called.... And said the rooms were full and they had to post pone our induction.. They would call me back in a few hours hopefully when some rooms opened up... So we let the kids sleep in and I called the kids sitter and informed her what was going on... And we waited... After about 3-4 hours of waiting for another call I talked my hubby into calling and asking if there was an eta of our induction... They then informed us that recovery was full so no guess on when I could or if I could have my induction... =( We felt trapped in our house waiting for them to call and tell us it was time.... My doctor called and checked on me (witch I thought was really nice)... He asked me if I was still having my "normal" contractions and how I was holding up with this post ponement of my induction... I told him I was still having my "normal" contractions that I had been having for the last two plus weeks... He wanted me to come in and get checked... So we did... I did some nipple stimulation on the way to the hospital (so like 30 min or so) and by the time we got to the hospital I had a bloody show.. And I was maybe a 1/2 cm more dilated... But my water was bulging... When my doctor came to check me my water broke... And I was in labor!!! Awesome!!!
They gave me some "vitamin P" and an epidural... And I was off to the races... I was a 6 by the time I was all set up in my room... My nurse said she would come back and check in me in a hour or so... 30min later she came in to check me and I was an 7 or 8... So she said she would check me in another 40 min to an hour and came back in 20 min and I was 9... They put me on my side cause I had a small lip the pressure felt like a ring of fire on my cervix... the nurse came back like 5 min later and we tryed to push past the little lip... It felt so much better to push than to sit there... But the lip needed a little more time to thin... about 5 more contractions they were coming like 2 min apart.. I was able to push past the lip!!! Yeah so she called my doctor and even though it was only like ten min to wait for him if felt a lot longer... But the room was set up ready to go as soon as he got there... He checked me and I was a + 2 station and almost an O.U.T. station (nice when your doctor has a sense of humor)... I pushed about three times with one contraction and She was mostly crowned and almost out... The next contraction I pushed once and was getting ready to push again when he told me to stop and let the contraction do the rest... I could feel her little feet pushing up on the top of my belly, she was trying to push her self out... The contraction and Andrea pushed the rest of her head out and I did a two small pushes for her shoulders and tah dah she was out... From the time I got to the hospital to the time of birth was 3 hours and 1 min... She was a little gurgley so they sucked her out nice and good but she was breathing/crying normal with in mins... I got to hold her while they cleaned her up. After we had snuggled and loved on her for a while they took her to the warmer and weighed and measured her... She weighed 7lbs and 2 oz and measured 19" 1/2 inches long... They cleaned up the mess and left us alone to bond with my new little girl... It tool a little while to get her interested in nursing but once she latched on she went to town... I nursed her for about 20 mins on one side burped her and then she nursed about 10 min on the other side before Nana stole her for some Nana snuggles...
We stayed in the delivery room after her birth long than I had with the other girls but they were waiting for a shift change... All the rooms in recovery were full by the end of the night.... I only needed ibuprofen for pain relief and both me and Andrea recovered really well from the birth all in all it was nice... (well as nice as birth can be)
The Eye of the Storm
4 years ago

1 comment:
Congratulations!!! What a sweet (albeit long!!) birth you had. I am so sorry for the long weeks of contractions. That is so frustrating. I love how you told the story though. Those littles are so precious, aren't they?!
Post a Comment