Thursday, January 24, 2013

ramblings

Jan 24 2013
K this is just a rant so take it or leave it...

So today was the 1st ice storm that I can ever remember... I will agree it was crazy out there... I only drove in the neighborhood and yes I had to walk on the ice... And yes my 5 year old slipped and fell... She got wet when she fell and hurt her bum so she was cold and owiee... I helped her up and explained why she fell and we made plans that when we got home to change out of her wet clothes and agreed that a warm bath would help warm her up in a good way... SO YES I agree you should not go out unless you need too... Some places even closed down all together so there employees would not have to come in... So now there is a great Debate about weather or not schools should be closed down tomorrow... (Some even think that the school district should have canceled school today...  It was not that bad until after school started like REALLY!!!) K people the district has a heavy weight to carry.... If they cancel school now they can not resend it and IF (not likely but) we get cloud cover and "warm" night then all the ice melt and salt and sand will make it just fine for kids to safely get to school, But once school is canceled it canceled and its a pain to make up and no one comes to make up days!!! ... And if not they can still cancel it in the morn... Like come on they will tell you before you out at the bus stop... Make plans for your child care IF they close and just know that you have to check tomorrow... You fill like its the schools fault that we got freezing rain and it misted all day long making it VERY hard to control the ice after your kids were all ready safely in class.... And No nobody wanted your child to slip on the ice but they had to get home some how... Why don't you go invent a telaporter so your child does not need to ever go outside... (k sorry that was extream but really people) If you feel it is not safe for your child you as an parent make that choice.... We have a choice.. Teach your child why your making the choice you are making and have them decided with you teach them to make choices concerning there safety... Now I'm jaded cause Sammy is not in school yet and I understand what pressure the district is under and the constraints they are under.... Just like with snow days... Its not the amount of snow you get its the road conditions and if the buses can transport the kids safely... So more than likely school will be canceled tomorrow so just shut up and stop blaming every one else for the conditions of mother nature... Have some good faith judgement... Do you really think that the schools don't care about your kids... If yes then take them out and teach them your self... TAH DAH problem solved oh wait you don't have time of patience or the drive to do that then appreciate the people who do spend the time with your child... K that all for now...

1 comment:

Familia Morales said...

If we get a small amount of snow--like less than 1 inch, school closes down, everything shuts down. Nobody goes anywhere. And ice storms? If we see that coming on the radar everybody's at Walmart and all that's left are empty shelves. We shut ourselves in and don't leave until it's all over. But I love ice storms! We haven't had any this year and I actually miss it. Everything is so pretty when it's covered in ice. Anyways, I can't believe the winter y'all are having. Ours is pretty much nonexistant this year.