Thursday, October 14, 2010

Project list

So I'm trying to help my recent depression and post partum (it is so bad while I'm trying to wean, it happened really bad with Sammy too) by sewing... It helps me fight my grumpy and dark feelings when I craft... So I went threw my fabric stash and came up with a list of projects perfect for my current condition....
So Yesterday I sewed Sammy a dress up skirt... And part of Ally's skirt... Maybe I can get some pictures of my two ballerinas...
I can sew the girls there pillow case dresses for Christmas.... I have all the fabric and trim... I was planing on doing them last year but ran out of time...
I also have two stuffed animals I'm planing on chopping in half and making a blanket out of them... One is a lion and one is a monkey they should be way cute when I get them done...
I need to make curtains for the girls room... The big blue blanket we have hanging to keep out the morning sun is kinda boring and ugly... So new cute curtains with a thermal lining would be way nice... I have all the fabric I need for this too...
If my current condition doesn't lift by the time all of this gets done then I have two little stuffed animals I can make... A hippo for Sammy and a Butterfly for Ally... Yup again I have all the supplies I will need for this too... I Have more projects that I can do but I haven't decided what ones need or I want to work on next...
My cousin has OCD ( I say that in a nice way!!!) and wants to use that wonderful gift to help me get rid of my laundry situation in trade for some sewing... Hey that's like killing two birds with one stone I like that... Plus I'm teaching the Young Woman across the street how to sew some simple things...
Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures here soon of my therapy sessions...

4 comments:

Familia Morales said...

I hope the sewing therapy helps! I'm so in awe of your talent. I'm having a friend help me in an attempt to make Eric a super-hero cape. I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of un-picking! Have you ever made a handkerchief dress? They look really cute. It'd be so nice to have an OCD friend that I could trade services with...my kitchen could use some serious cleaning. :)

kkweight said...

I might start charging for my OCD services!lol

I think its interesting how you and i deal with our waves of depression, mine comes through in OCD tendencies and i over focus on certain things like organization and cleaning, and you use your super cool ability to be creative and make things. Whatever works, right?
I hope the depression lifts soon Les, i think about you often and wonder how your doing. I love you so much! If need a shoulder im here.

mub said...

I wish I could come craft with you!!!

Amy said...

amazing. That is what you are. Weaning is no fun. I am just starting to wean Faye (planning on doing it very slowly) and I have a hard time not giving in when she is pulling on my shirt saying "Momma!" I can't imagine dealing with depression on top of that. I'd offer to cook for you in exchange for sewing, but I don't think your family would eat my foods. But, if you should run out of projects, I have a whole folder of things I want to do but don't know how, so we could sew (i say you sew and me unpick mine over and over and over) together if you would like!