Thursday, February 3, 2011

Acne...Really

My poor little Sammy she is trying to grow up way to fast... She is starting to get some acne... No I'm for real!!! She grew a third eye or unicorn horn... How ever you want to look at it there was a great big awful looking pussy thing between her eyes... it started out as a strange flat black spot... I thought ok she has just hit her self with something or it's a bug bite ect... But over the coarse of a week it was still there... Then it got nasty looking... All pussy and red... And as anyone that has ever look at me or my husbands faces...we are pickers!!! Yes I know its bad but still its a compulsion we both have... So to look at our beautiful daughter with her new horn protruding from her face just wanting to be squeezed was painful to us... Finally Johnny drained it with a pin one night... The next morning with out knowing what Johnny had did the night before I squeezed it and got a ton of puss out... Later that day is was looking worse so I squeezed it again and got this nasty black hard as rock gross thing out... I figured that would be the end of it and it would get better now that it didn't have to fester the gross black thing out (It was huge I've never gotten anything that big out of me... And I've picked a TON of zits!!!) And then a few days ago it was looking swollen again... Not as bad as it was before but slowly getting worse... So I bribed my daughter into letting me look at it (with the magic of some slave and a band aid) and got some more puss out... Then last night (or was it the night before who knows any more...) Sammy was biting her finger nails... We have fought her on this many different times so we thought to use a punishment that she would really not want to stop her for the night... "Sammy if you bight your nails we will have to squeeze your forehead" She stopped for about an hour.. Then we hear her biting her nails and confronted her about... She came and stood in front of me sighed and said.."Ok but do it quick.." And I got huge nasty yucky white pussy crud out of my beautiful little girls face... She didn't even cry... We got a band aid and then 20 min's later she said "Thank-you mommy I think my forehead is all better now!" And so far there has been no more swelling or redness (other than the pin prick size scab)... She gets other little zits that go away on there own and don't really hurt her but come on she is only 3 we should not be getting super gross zits like this!!! I feel bad for the kid when she starts to go threw puberty...
See that black spot by her right eye brow... Yeah this is before it got bad!! I don't think I have any of it looking awful.. I have a hard time taking pictures of my kids when they are not cute..=) I'm glad she is feeling better and hope this was just a fluke thing because 3 year olds don't understand zits...

3 comments:

kkweight said...

Too funny.
When she came into the kitchen with the band aid on her forehead i about died. The look on her face was priceless.lol
If you have anything with tea tree oil in it it will help clear the zits up, its a natural anti fungal, anti viral, anti bacterial, and its pretty awesome stuff. I put a few drops into my facial cleanser. When i had Klaire i found a product called California Baby, you can find it at Target. When Klaire had the newborn acne this is what i used:
http://www.californiababy.com/tea-tree-lavender-shampoo-bodywash-8-5-oz.html

http://www.californiababy.com/therapeutic-tea-tree-pure-essential-oil-half-oz.html

It cleared it up pretty quick!
When my testosterone was SUPER high i had the skin of a pubescent boy, the ONLY thing that kept things semi OK was the Tea Tree Oil. If i didn't use it my face would erupt so bad.

Brea Marie said...

I might suggest asking your pediatrician at her next check up. DaKoda use to have a seriously stinky head after her naps. She would sweat uncontrollably. We knew the sweating while sleeping thing ran in my husbands family, but the stinky part? She literally smelt like a teenager not wearing deodarant after running the mile. I finally mentioned it to her doctor, and he said that he has heard of hormones starting as early as 2 years old. Not common, but it can happen. He told me things to watch out for, and some ideas of what to do. Finally she did stop stinking. Hopefully Sammy's zit was a fluke!

Amy said...

Oh your poor girl! I am guessing it wasn't actually a pimple because it was festering so much, but holy smokes, she got something infected there! I hope she doesn't have any reoccurances of that. Horrible! The poor thing. And yet, she is so cute!