Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Excitment +Sadness

I'm super excited about building our home... I'm excited that we get to design and help build it... I'm excited that we can show the girls how to work hard and help... I'm excited to be off the main road (I can't tell you how excited I am about that!)... I'm excited to live next to the girls favorite park... I'm excited to have a project that me and Johnny can do together...
BUT....
I'm sad that we will be leaving the ward... My husband loves his calling in the scouts and does not really want to leave it... My girls have lots of friends in the ward... I love Sammy's teachers she enjoys church so much she often asks why it is only once a week... I'm sad that I will be leaving what I know... I'm sad that it will cost us about 200 ish more each more for our new house... I'm sad that I will have no neighbors... (there are at least 4 lots in three directions that are sitting empty...) I'm sad because we put a lot of work into this home and many happy memories are here...
I know we will make new memories at the new house but this is the house Johnny showed me on our first date... This is the house that Johnny carried me over the threshold... This is where we brought our babies home too... This is the home that has held our family safe and warm for 8 years... I guess I'm just too sentimental...

2 comments:

Amy said...

It is okay to be sentimental about your house. It is hard to leave something that has blessed and protected your family for so long. Go ahead, love your house and mourn the leaving of it. By the time you are through mourning it, your new house will be ready, and you will be so excited to have everything the way you want it, there will be very little sadness left! and think of all the other babies that will be brought into your new home, and all the many more friends you will be meeting! Just sayin.

kkweight said...

I hear ya.
Ive moved so many times in the last 12 years. Each place ive lived in ive had some life changing things happen there. Its hard to leave those memories behind.
As much as i HATED living in "the barn" it tore me up to leave that place. Kreg and i became a family there, it was Klaire's first home. So much happened there.
But. The silver lining was that the next apartment we had offered more room, so i got to see Klaire go from wobbling around in a tiny space, to running full speed ahead and not banging into walls and furniture.
And when we had to leave there, i mourned the babyiness that Klaire was in when we lived there.

But. When we came to our condo we've been blessed with a new wonderful job and ive watched Klaire move from a little kid into a big 8.5 year old here!

I'm sure ill be sad when/if we live this place, as much as i hate it here. But wherever we go ill get to watch her live out her teens and early 20's there.

Im excited to see what this next year has in store for you guys. Sometimes moving on in life can be sad and painful, but its worth it in the end.
Its a new adventure, a new chapter, a new start, and a home wont change those memories and history you already have. It'll just add to it.
Heck, maybe we will be able to be one of those lots surrounding you.lol
Wishful thinking.
We are thrilled for you.