Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chores

I always hated chores as a child... I would find any way possible to get out of them... And I must say I was pretty darn good at getting out of doing my chores... But as a mom I make my child do chores (Allison is still to little for chores but don't worry she will get her share) I had a fun mommy moment today... Sammy came into the bathroom and with out me asking took all the clothes and towels and tossed them down the stairs (aka the laundry shoot) and was giggling and having a blast doing one of her chores with out me asking her too do them!!!!
So just to let you know all of Sammy's chores here they are
*Put her shoes away (she has a lot of shoes!!!)
*Clean up her toys
*Throw away Allison and her Diapers (unless there number 2's then mommy has to do it)
*Toss all the dirty clothes down stairs
*Help unload the dishwasher
*Put her dirty dishes in the sink
K maybe I'm a mean mom but for the most part she just does them I think I would be a better mom if I had listened to my mom and did my chores and learned how to cook and clean as a kid rather than trying to figure it out as an adult... Yup you heard me mom you where RIGHT!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

How do you get her to do all that? We have to implement time out a lot and Keith still doesn't do it.

Anonymous said...

Well Leslie, Jenn said I was the meanest Mom in the neghborhood...she said that all the kids were afraid of me...
When my kids didn't do there jobs, and went to play, I would go and find them. On the practice field. At a freind house etc. and of course I was not happy. #1 the jobs not done. #2 I had to find the little buggers... and yes Leslie was VERY GOOD at getting out of doing her jobs...Day on end she had to stay in her room to clean it and it still was not cleaned. (That is what noodling is in our house and Leslie was the pro at it. That how she got the name NOODLE....
Love ya, Mom