If you ask Sammy its not a Birthday its a "Happy Day"
Yesterday was my Happy Day... We decide to do low key birthdays sense Johnny is laid off right now... So when he had a chance to make some job contacts early in the morning he went! So I got to wake up to my little baby girl giving me smiles... (she had made me a home made present that only she could make) So while I'm changing her I talked to my mom and Johnny on the phone... Both calls were about the same.."Hun can I call you back in a little bit" sure why not... So I'm talking to Ally (people must think I'm crazy cause I talk to my kids allot (I mean allot I narrate my day, feelings, and what I need to do that day, oh and some time I just talk to talk...) So I was telling her... "Hey where was my Happy Day... Nobody told me Happy Day..." And the all of a sudden out of the girls room I hear..."I right here... In my room... I'm your Happy Day!" Sammy I love you so much and yes you and your sister are what makes everyday a Happy Day =) Thanks for reminding me...
I needed to go to the store for an all important Birthday item... ICE CREAM! And a few other things that we had run out of over the weekend... So my mom took me shopping... But we didn't go to the grocery store we went to Joann's... I bought 5 zippers (wondering what I needed 5 zippers for??? Not telling yet that's a future post) So after our little jaunt to the fabric store. We headed over to Nana's house for lunch... (at my mom's house we have to eat at 12n and 5pm Papa's orders) So we had a yummy "fork and beans" (inside joke.... sigh my mom and her fixing bowl and her fork and beans...) And then I got to chop up a bunch of fabric... I love cutting up fabric and think that's my favorite part of sewing... So finally Johnny got done with his job searching and can and got me and took me to the store... YEAH ICE CREAM!!!!
We can home put both kids down for a nap and I put my 5 zippers in to my 10 yards of fabric... (you so want to know what I made huh! to bad you have to wait) Then I made a yummy dinner, rice, pot stickers, and general tso chicken.... It was way yummy I love Chinese food!
And then it was time for bed... So we stuck the kids in the bath and then snuggled them down for the night.... And me and Johnny got to snuggle and watch a movie... That hasn't happened for a long time!!
Oh and I made cupcakes with pudding filling in them...Yummy!!!
So my simplified Birthday was filled with things I love.... The girls, Fabric shopping, Chopping up fabric, My mom, My hubby, Ice cream, sewing, kids napping, Chinese food, cupcakes, and snuggles... Yup it was a great day!!!!
And now we get to do it again cause today is Johnny's Happy Day!!!!
The Eye of the Storm
4 years ago

2 comments:
Geez I totally forgot about your birthday! I'm so disconnected from life in Utah =( BUT! HAPPY DAY! I'll be there for my Happy Day heheh.
I'll let you cut my fabric. I always get a backache from having to hunch down so low to cut stuff out!
I love that Sammy said she is your Happy Day. That is the cutest thing in the world. Also, I am glad you had such a great birthday. I didn't know about Johnny being laid off. Good luck with the job hunt. And cutting fabric is the thing I hate most. I am always worried I will cut it wrong, and will mess up. It is what I worry about the most. You are amazing, and I am so wanting to know what needs 5 zippers.
Post a Comment