Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I have a floor!

This time a year is usually a time to reflect and think of all the things we are thank full for... Not in my house (well we reflect but in a different way)...
A few years ago our roof leaked in a big storm... we called our insurance and they covered 3/4 of our roof to be fixed... so of course we had the entire roof fixed plus a cricket put up behind our chimney so the same problem doesn't happen again.... And of course we did it our selves... We did this over thanks-giving weekend... (yeah I know not a great time of year to do it...) And now what are doing tearing out our kitchen right around thanks-giving... Yeah um honey I need a kitchen to cook... And thanks-giving is all about the food right.... Thankfully my in-laws gave me an easy food assignment, peanut butter fingers and the green bean casserole... I was going to have to go over to my moms house to cook the peanut butter fingers but my floor is done so my lovely hubby put my stove back... (we will have to move it again to paint but at least I can kinda cook)
Side note have you ever tryed to cook with out a counter.... Its really hard... Oh and with out a sink... Every time I have to get water or rinse something of or wash my hand I have to go to the bathroom to do it...
So long story short I'm thank full for my roof over head and a floor to walk on and a stove to cook my food with and even though I'm with out them at the moment I'm thankful for counter tops... Hopefully my kitchen will be fully functioning by Dec 6th... Allison's blessing, we are going to have a small get together after... Hopefully there will be a kitchen in which to serve the refreshments... well that's the plan anyways...
Pictures so come I've lost my converter in the remodel mess...

No comments: