Ever sense we told people we were expecting Allison (aka Little Sister) the number one thing every one said was..."whoa you going to have two kids in diapers... you better get Sammy potty trained quick.." Well last May Sammy showed some interest in the potty and then it went away and then in July she was interested again... and so on and so forth...
Well it seams with every month that goes by I get more and more "advice" on how too get her to go potty and why haven't I got it done yet... Come on people she is two and she is showing progress... I thought that we had our free agency and so does Sammy... I can teach her everything she needs to know but ultimately its her choice... Now I have a hard time holding a kicking and screaming child on the potty and Sammy is so stubborn that I know this will only make things worse for me and her....
I've herd things like "your home all day with her why isn't she trained"... "I had all my kids trained at 2"... "Just make her sit in it and don't change her she'll learn"... "What do you mean she is taking a break from potty training just keep sticking her on the potty"
K so I've decided that I'm ignoring all of this well meaning advice and I'm going to take cues from my child on how she needs to be trained which in tales... Letting her decide when she is interested and when she is we potty train... And when she doesn't want to I still ask her and reward her with praise when she does do it... And just take it day by day and remember that each time is does want to potty train she does better and better and she is interested for longer and longer...
Now I know that having Sammy use the big girl potty would make some things easier for me but I'm stressed to the max and have enough on my plate... I'm doing just enough to survive right now... When I have free time (yeah right) Then I'll come up with a full proof way to get a kid to use the bath room... Until then Sammy is in charge of her potty plan....
The Eye of the Storm
4 years ago

3 comments:
now that's the best plan I've heard! I did that with all my children and they've all been just fine!
I love your plan! I heard it all too when Brooke wasn't potty trained when DaKoda came along. I was just too tired to muster up the courage to train her. Brooke was almost 3 before she finally was trained. DaKoda did it on her own. Seriously. 2 weeks after her birthday, she decided she wanted to go potty like her big sister. Alrighty then! So we went for it. I think the best idea is to let them decide for themself. Sammy just turned 2 in Nov, right? I would give her another 6 months before I would veto her plans. Your doing a great job. Never let anyone tell you how to be a good mom. If you and your kids are happy, that's all that matters. And they sure look happy to me! ;)
Hey don't worry about it. Noah is 3 and we are just getting started, people want to complain or give there opinion let them take Sammy for a week and get her potty trained for ya. :O)
Post a Comment