Wednesday, January 5, 2011

sigh...

Sammy reading to Ally... Oh how I wish today was one of those day... But wishing will get me no where so I guess I just have to deal with the hand that I'm dealt with...

Today is one of those days when I just want to crawl back in bed and not be a mom... Part of this is my fault I stayed up way to late reading my book last night... And then sleep did not come for my mind was all a buzz with a excitement and adventure of my book... So when Ally's playing and talking to her self in her crib woke me I did not want to go and great her...  But I pulled my big bum out of my warm cozy bed and snuggled her and prayed that she would fall back to sleep so I too could catch a few more Z's... Not to be... Sammy woke earlier than her normal time and she was ready to play!!!... But what happens in my house when Ally has not got her calm mommy and Ally time before her big sister awakes ready to run and play... She becomes all sorts of grumpy. That lead to mommy having to split the kids up from argument after argument... Which cause Sammy to be whinny and clingy... Then the fight ensues over who get the prime set in my lap... I try to no avail to please them both and then they just end up pulling each others hair and screaming right in my ears... I want to scream right along with them but that only scares them and makes matters worse... I feel there will be no relief until nap time... And then at least the screaming can stop and I can breath... If I'm lucky Sammy will watch a movie while Ally naps and I can reboot my my day and start a new...

3 comments:

mub said...

I think the problem here is... that you need a bigger lap ;)

Familia Morales said...

Ah the joys of mommyhood! Hope you get a nap in and the rest of your day gets better.

BTW: Love, love, love the gate around the Christmas tree!

Amy said...

:( I feel your pain. I hope you were able to reboot your day and that things went more smoothly. That is the trouble with reading, you get sucked into the book, and before you know it, the night has disappeared.