Were not out of the woods yet but Sammy is doing tons better. She only went threw a few pairs of clothes and one blanket.... She gets to cold to leave her in just a
diaper so I'm stick doing tons of laundry but sense
today's was so much better I was able to get more done yeah!... We also got to spend some fun time with Kim and
Tijn... Johnny decided that we would have a steak dinner... I thought it was good but as you may not know I'm not a good cook, or a good judge of good food... So I hope it was nice...
Tomorrow well today now I'm
blogging way to late.... I'm going to an
Usborne Books at Home
regional training... I'm really excited because I love these books and all the kids that I have seen
introduced to them have just loved them... They have help one of my
nieces that was really behind and having really low self
confidence in reading start to love reading and she is really growing
leaps and bounds.... She will read by her self now and I not afraid to read aloud to adults, she used to only read to the dogs or younger children who didn't know who to read so if she messed up they wouldn't know... I'm really excited that Sammy all ready has a love for books, and I know how to help her now if she has the same struggles that I had and hid about my reading ( I graduated reading at a second maybe third grade level, I don't think most people knew, but get this I graduated with honors).... Most people who knew me well knew that I couldn't spell part of it was that I couldn't decipher the words in the spell check... I'm better now but I still have problems with it... I actually enjoy reading and have improved my speed and my understanding.... It makes life so much easier.... I hope I can save even one child the embarrassment of not being able read a simple reading assignment and have to constantly ask friends or class mates what it was about.... Sorry for all of you out there that I nagged and bug for info, with out you I would have been lost THANK-YOU... As a senior I was finally told why I couldn't (had a hard time) read, it was because I was dyslexic ( yeah try spelling that) Once I under stood that there was a reason I didn't fell dumb anymore and was more willing to ask for help and work at... Thank-you Mr
Sider for catching what could have never been detected....
1 comment:
Yay for Sammy feeling better! Way to encourage reading in her and your nieces.
Post a Comment